Thursday, January 30, 2014

THE WEST COAST POP ART EXPERIMENTAL BAND - VOL. 2, 1967





On to the next fascination: I'm a newcomer to The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, and after reading a few bits and pieces recently I put their discography on my list.  I started with Vol. 2 due to listening to 'Smell Of Incense' a few times and being completely taken by it.  The drums, the bass line, the guitars, the lyrics... all stunning!  There's some really captivating stuff on this record, and it's taking all kinds of spins on the turntable.  You can read into their strange history plenty, but it's probably best just to listen.

It seems original copies of the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band's albums are fetching for high prices in our current state of 2014, so in this case I rushed and went with this inexpensive and easily obtainable reissue (on translucent vinyl which I'm not the biggest fan of).  It has the usual flaws of a new 'high quality' pressing including uneven edges and cheapish looking labels.  The sound is acceptable.  On with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment