Sunday, January 5, 2014

THE ROLLING STONES - BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, FEBRUARY 1967






Even though I'm unfamiliar with some of the early Stones records I'm going to go ahead and say Between The Buttons is my favorite LP of theirs.  Very British sounding, but still embracing their bluesy roots with a touch of the happening sound of the upcoming year.  As with (most) everything else posted on this blog I really love playing this record from front to back.  The American release left off 'Please Go Home' and 'Back Street Girl' in favor of 'Ruby Tuesday' and 'Let's Spend The Night Together' which were released as a double A sided single a month prior to the album release.  All four of these tracks are great, but I have to mention 'Back Street Girl' as one of my all time favorites.  The mood evoking accordion and lyrical content are absolutely sublime and deserve much attention.  With that being said I must also say I was disappointed to find out it was not Brian Jones behind the accordion..

No comments:

Post a Comment