Saturday, May 24, 2014

MOORPARK INTERSECTION - I THINK I'LL JUST GO AND FIND ME A FLOWER / YESTERDAY HOLDS ON, FEBRUARY 1968



Moorpark Intersection's 'I Think I'll Just Go And Find Me A Flower' is such a delightful song, it's almost unfair.  Everytime I hear the opening acoustic riff it's an instant improvement to my day.  The west coast flower folk harmonies are catchy as hell and the flute seals the deal.  Not to mention the overtly direct title of the song which should be enough to put a smile on your face.

The flipside 'Yesterday Holds On' is also enjoyable, but it's a much darker tune with more of a studio presence.  It's as if the flowers of '67 were fading away...

Flower Bomb Songs has the GOODS on Moorpark Intersection's brief history and recording details.  Check that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment