Friday, April 29, 2016

MIKE WALLACE - NATURAL HIGH / MANDARIN, 1970


Here's another one I found unexpectedly in the wild recently.  In fact I couldn't believe my eyes.  I  had this one saved in my Ebay search for quite a while...  Anyways, Mike Wallace was a UK native though the British release is much harder to find than this US version and is priced accordingly.

'Natural High' is an upbeat Kinks sounding number with a simple but effective guitar riff and some orchestration. The author goes on about being high on life for 3 plus minutes, getting 'stoned on the sun and the moon and the stars' and that sort of jazz.  It's a very fun and catchy song which went nowhere on the charts in late 1970.  The flipside 'Mandarin' is a decent mid-tempo pop song with slight folk/country leanings sounding much of it's era.  Both of these cuts will be featured on ROSE COLORED CORNER EPISODE 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment