Saturday, December 7, 2013

CINAMMON EMPIRE - IT'S GOOD, IT'S GOOD / GOLDEN KITE, 1969



Here's one I picked up recently based on the name alone.  How could I pass up something by the name of Cinammon Empire?  Information regarding this record appears to be pretty limited.  All I can come up with is that they were from Indianapolis and got some local radio play in early 1969.  What I can tell you from listening is that they were obviously going for the harmony pop sound The Association was making in the late 60's, and they do a pretty good job of replicating that sound.  In fact the lead vocalist sounds uncannily like Jim Yester.

I'm imagining hearing the warming sound of 'It's Good, It's Good' on the radio as the frozen car starts up in the midst of a miserable Midwestern winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment